Friday, November 2, 2007

November: The Robe


What: The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas
The Robe explores the aftermath of the crucifixion of Jesus through the experiences of the Roman tribune who commanded the unit in charge of the crucifixion. The man goes on a journey, following the path Jesus took and meets many people whose lives Jesus had affected. Through this journey, both the tribune and the reader are challenged to explore their faith.

When: Monday, DECEMBER 10, 2007
Where: (any volunteers?)
Why: I was first introduced to this book as one of three books President Monson reads every Christmas season. I thought it worth reading and was very pleased. It gives a descriptive insight to the times, politics, and place of Christ's life. Besides all that I learned, my favorite part of the book is the develpment and growth of the main character. I hope you enjoy this read, and hope that it has an effect on you as it did on me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am absolutely loving this book! I forgot how much I loved the story, and of course the romance... Anyone else reading?

I'm pretty sure I won't finished it in time, any thoughts on pushing the date back?

ducklips said...

With Ty's wedding and Megan's baby shower I haven't even started it. I am excited to read it though. I am all up for pushing the date back to maybe the second week in Dec.?

megan said...

I haven't started reading yet either. I have been so busy lately, you know the same things that have been distracting Elise from reading. I'm all for pushing the date back too but if that isn't possible I will just read quickly and be ready.

Unknown said...

OK. Keep reading. We'll meet December 10th instead. Sound good? I, for one, am much relieved. Viva Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

So, I have the hots for Demetrius. Anyone with me?

ducklips said...

Hey my mom is going out of town, so I say party at her house for reading club.

sshh, only tell a few friends, wink, wink.