Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Proposed Book List

OK ladies, here it is:

March 18 - The Other Boleyn Girl, Philippa Gregory
April 21 - Chocolat, Joanne Harris
May 19 - The Pillars of the Earth, Ken Follett
June 23 - The Chosen, Chiam Potok
July - The Constitution, Our Founding Fathers (Be prepared for Betty's in-depth quiz.)
August 24- Breaking Dawn, Stephenie Meyer (eek!)

September 22 - The Memory Keeper's Daughter, Kim Edwards
October 19 - Julie's choice, a good mystery


Questions? Suggestions? Complaints? Praises?

We had a wonderful time Monday night. The discussion was lively and insightful. The company was exceptional. To those that didn't make it, we missed you (hope you feel better soon Julie!) and we hope to see you next time. To those who did make it, thanks for the great evening. Can't wait till next time!

6 comments:

megan said...

Oh wait, how about Catcher in the Rye for Septemeber? Although it is ok to not do it if too many people will be offended by the language

Alisa said...

Thanks everyone for letting me come and join you in your book club! I had a great time..even though I hadn't had time to read the book and couldn't contribute to the discussion...I enjoyed meeting everyone!

Unknown said...

Catcher in the Rye is a great idea. I'll add it to the list. I anyone is offended, they don't have to read it!

Alisa, it was nice to meet you! I'm glad you came.

Julie said...

Whoo-hoo! Mystery October. I will put on my thinking cap.

megan said...

Can we do Catcher in the Rye in November or is that one out?

ducklips said...

I just went to the Chandler library in downtown and they had like 16 copies of Chocolat. Just wanted to let those know who didn't feel like buying.